Nothing on the NCAA websites yet, but plenty on the NCAA’s women’s basketball twitter about today’s mock selection exercise in Indianapolis. Hopefully they’ll provide more detail soon. Here are today’s tweets about the event:
– 55 coaches, administrators, media and women’s basketball committee members will be taking part in today’s #MockSelection exercise.
– #MockSelection attendees will work with same data that committee works from, with data current to this past March 16, Selection Monday.
– #MockSelection will explore selection, seeding, bracketing process; update on latest rules changes; how officials are selected and advance.
– Much talk on how coaches will adapt to new 4-quarter format that includes fewer stoppages in play and decreased physicality. #MockSelection
– Hope is new rules will strengthen connection of college basketball with women’s basketball globally. #MockSelection
– For selection, team viewed for what it accomplished during year. For seeding, who’s team without injured/unavailable player. #MockSelection
– To prepare for selections, committee members watch combined 1,200 games each season in-person, on TV/laptop or via archives.#MockSelection
– 32 auto bids determined by conf tourney/reg season champ. Committee picks 32 at-large teams. All seeded, placed in bracket. #MockSelection
– Committee works from “selection priorities” list, but each committee member determines what’s most important on their own. #MockSelection
– Each conf appoints coach to participate as Regional Advisory Committee member & provide info/rankings from Jan thru March. #MockSelection
– 2016 championship in Indy will feature 3 division finals played at Bankers Life Fieldhouse, April 3-5. #MockSelection
Basketball never stops.