This is the only major story on the game out at the moment, and it’s pretty choppy, so I’ll help:
– The Lynx played stifling defense from tip off, which disrupted the Sparks’ rhythm. They never recovered.
– The Lynx dictated the pace of the game – slowed it down – and the Sparks like to play fast.
– Kristi Toliver’s emotions finally boiled over, and she took herself out of the game. Then, Coach Carol Ross did. I knew it was a matter of time after seeing Toliver’s f-word outbursts in last Saturday’s semifinal against San Antonio. She needs to get that in check.
– Candace Parker, with 25 points and 11 rebounds, put the team on her back. But it takes more than two (Alana Beard 16 points) to win a ball game.
– Maya Moore, with 20 points, was looking good.
– You’d hardly know Lindsay Whalen (12 points) had a broken finger.
– The Lynx found their hunger for a second championship. They look great.
– Ross has brought the Sparks so far this year. As a coach, she is the real deal. LA will grow from this season.
– Game two this Sunday at Staples Center is no guarantee that the Sparks will win.